Canning Candied Jalapeños with My Mom! ????
Cowboy Candy (Candied Jalapeños)
Recipe from Patricia Barwick
3 lbs fresh Jalapeños
2 c. apple cider vinegar
6 c. sugar
2 tsp. Garlic powder
½ tsp. Turmeric
½ tsp celery seed
1. Remove and discard stems from peppers. Slice into ¼ inch slices. Set aside.
2. To a large pot add cider vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, turmeric and celery seed and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to Med Low and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Raise the heat to about Med High to bring mixture back to a boil. Once boiling, add the pepper slices. Allow to return to a boil, then reduce the heat again (Med low) and simmer additional 4 minutes.
4. Transfer peppers to clean glass canning jars, filling jars to within ¼ inch of the upper rim of the jar.
5. Only the syrup should remain in the pot. Increase the heat to bring to a full rolling boil. Boil like that for about 6 minutes to thicken the syrup.
6. Ladle syrup into the jars with the jalapeno slices.
7. Wipe rims of the jars then screw on canning lid jars. Process the peppers in a water bath for 10 minutes for ½ pint jars.
8. Label and Enjoy!
Makes approximately 4-5 ½ pint jars.
?BRANDS WE PARTNER WITH?
Proven Winners – https://www.provenwinners.com/
Espoma Organic – https://www.espoma.com/
Gardener’s Supply Company – https://www.gardeners.com/
Hartley Botanic – https://hartley-botanic.com/
FELCO – https://www.felco.com/ 10% off: TOOLS4GA
Bonide – https://www.bonide.com/
?FOLLOW ME HERE?
▶️ Website: http://www.gardenanswer.com
▶️ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/gardenanswer
▶️ Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gardenanswer
▶️ Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/gardenanswer
▶️ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gardenanswer
▶️ Email: email@example.com
580 S Oregon St
Ontario, Oregon 97914